My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A fresh start

Hey guys, Jay here. Well I am going to give this Blog another go. My hobby blog, http://bloodandblades.blogspot.com is going strong as is my youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/huronbh; but I have discovered that both have become very hobby focused and do not allow me to talk about what is really going on with me on a day to day basis or talk about things out side of gaming that effect my life. This blog hopefully will allow me to do that more.

A lot has happened in my life recently.

  1. I was diagnosed with Diabetes which means changing my life style and priorities completely. This has been tough and I am just barely at the beginning.
  2. I met a girl and after one date (which was great) she has constantly avoided meeting in person again but still craves my attention online.
  3. I came very close to losing my job do to side affects from my Diabetes and I am on probation for the forseeable future which really ups my stress level.
  4. Besides this, I am constantly battling with my finances and choosing to spend money here and there instead of saving it so I can travel more, which is something like I would like to.
  5. My brother's Apartment building burned down last week, and though most of his furniture and his books were lost, most of his valuable stuff was untouched and after a good dry cleaning his clothes will be back in good order.
Wow, and all of that since December. Well now that you have a sense of what I will be talking about I will leave you with this thought, that I wrote down in one of those 25 things about you chains from facebook but describes my life pretty well.

"In general I see my life as a bunch of failures, missed opportunities, and missteps. However if I were not the failure I am today none of the things that are important to me would be in my life. How is that for karma."

-jay

No comments:

Post a Comment